Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Solange Knowles

I am so trying this for tomorrow!


I'm not a big fan of her but I have taken notice to her hair this past year.  I'm not sure if you have or have not noticed Solange Knowles and her hair this past year but I have and I love the styles she has been experimenting with.

From when she cut off all of her hair, a move I consider very daring since I never could do something like that. (not afraid to admit it either)

Here she is when she first cut her hair

Here she is where i'm assuming a year or so later dj-ing.
(im not sure as to whether or not that is all of her hair)
After awhile she started rocking these braids 
(which I love by the way, I want to get them done but I just have to find some one willing for a good price)

I never 'went natural' but just stopped perming, I did it about a year and seven months ago, I could brag about how liberated it made me feel but thats really what its about, I stopped perming my hair because I had seen the damage it [the perms] were doing to MY hair. Now two of my three sisters perm their hair and one sister's hair is thriving while the other's half way down her back. To each her own I guess.  

But what I will say is that I have had some type of experience learning more about my body and hair through the use of natural products. The affects have been marvelous! Trial and Error is my best method by doing so I learned that while Olive oil products are great for my hair its very bad for my scalp and that raw shea butter is fine for my eczema prone skin  but not the best for my scalp. (weird, I know) 

Bottom line, All I'm saying is to each her own..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter